It’s time for our 2018 Annual Club Meeting and Summer Party! We’ll be electing Officers, discussing the new season, and firing up the grill for a pot-luck dinner. Bring your favorite dish!
The meeting will be held at Tidewater Fencing Club on Sunday, July 29th at 7:00 pm. All club members are encouraged to attend!
We will be holding elections for club Officers and Trustees. the positions are:
- President (presiding over meetings and generally running the club)
- Vice President (duties delegated by the President, and fills in at meetings if the President is absent, starting this season the duties may include social & business event coordinator )
- Secretary (duties include coordinating official club correspondence, meeting notifications & minutes) – currently the President is handling those tasks
- Treasurer (duties include accounting, receiving money, paying bills) – currently the President is handling those tasks
- Trustee (five positions): advisory board for the club officers, approve major purchases and organizational changes
We will also be holding a vote to amend the Club Charter to specify rules of club member etiquette and methods of enforcement that club officers are allowed to employ.
In order to vote, members must be current on monthly dues and must have attended practice within the last two months. Any member under 18 must have a parent present to vote for them. One vote per family.
We hope to see you all there!