COVID-19 Phase 3: Now Open Regular Hours!
- We will operate at 75% of normal capacity, meaning up to 94 people, while also maintaining a minimum of ten feet of distance between individuals
- Everyone will have their temperature checked upon entering the facility.
- Everyone in the facility must follow social distancing protocols and wear a facial covering while indoors
- While fencing, fencers should maintain long distance, and must wear a facial covering or mask-liner/shield under the fencing mask.
- Club members (not beginners) should have, and use, their own safety equipment (mask, glove, etc.) and wash it after use.
- Fencers should bring their own water/sports beverages to practice (we won't be using the water fountains)
August 2020 Classes and Activities
Introductory, Beginner, and Intermediate Classes
Level 1 and 2 beginner classes, and the Intermediate Foil & Epee classes are active again! (as always, be sure to check the schedule page of our website for specific days and times).
Footwork/Conditioning Sessions (FREE for Club Members)
Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays starting at 6:30 PM
We will be running in-person 30 minute footwork/conditioning sessions on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays starting at 6:30 PM, which are FREE to all dues-paying members. These are a great way to warm up for class or open fencing.
Virtual Conditioning Sessions (FREE for Club Members)
Tuesdays @ 6:30 pm, and Saturdays @ Noon
Join Coach Meredith for a Powers Hour (Ha!) conditioning workout that you can do from the comfort of your own living room. This is a full-body workout comprised of bodyweight circuit exercises that specifically target strength, flexibility, and stamina for fencing. These will be run online via Zoom on Tuesdays at 6:30 PM, and Saturdays at noon (online registration required; additional sessions may be offered on other days if Coach Meredith is feeling energetic).
Make a Donation
If none of the above options will work for you but you do wish to help the club survive this crisis, then contact us about making a donation. Remember: we are a non-profit organization, so donations made to us are tax deductible!
Welcome to Tidewater Fencing Club
TFC is dedicated to the time-honored sport of Olympic-style fencing. Our goal is to provide an enjoyable, high-quality fencing experience for our members in a safe, respectful, friendly atmosphere. From youth to adults, TFC has a program designed to meet both recreational and competitive needs.