- This event has passed.
Intro to Fencing Class
January 19 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm$10
Get a taste of the physical and mental challenges of Olympic fencing with an introductory class!
This one-hour class covers:
– a brief history of fencing as a sport
– the different protective gear and how to wear it
– the basic stance and footwork needed to move around
– using a real fencing sword for attacks and defense.
No previous experience is required—this is beginner friendly! 🙂
– Anyone may participate! 🙂
– Students should be at least 8 years old.
– The class fee is $10 per student.
– No special equipment is necessary, but do wear a t-shirt, athletic pants/knee-length shorts, and sneakers. Be prepared to sweat! 🙂
– Students will be provided the proper protective gear and special practice blades (foils) that don’t have sharp edges or tips.
RSVP here or on our website to reserve your spot, or just come in the day of the class to sign up. (Reservations will be honored before walk-ins.) TFC accepts cash, check, or major credit cards for the class fee.