Homeschool Fencing Classes
Tidewater Fencing Club offers daytime classes for home-schooled students. No previous fencing training is necessary. Students will learn the basics of fencing through games, drills, footwork, and bouting.
- Classes meet Fridays from 12:30 to 2:00 p.m.
- Class fee is $100/month, per student; additional family members can be added for $50/month each.
- We accept ages 8–17
- Instructor: James Newsome
Equipment and Attire
All necessary fencing equipment is borrowed from the club during class. Students must wear proper clothing: t-shirt, stretchable/flexible long athletic pants, and sneakers.
- In order to comply with USA Fencing SafeSport guidelines, at least one parent/caregiver must plan to remain in the facility during the class.
- This class has a hard cap of 20 students. All students must register for the class using the Class Registration form here on the website; registrations are first come, first served. A wait list will be kept if necessary.
USA Fencing Membership/Insurance Requirements
USA Fencing requires anyone participating in an accredited and insured fencing club to be a USA Fencing member for insurance coverage. Homeschool fencers must obtain a non-competitive membership ($10) in order to take any TFC classes. You can register online through the USA Fencing website. Please print out the membership card at the end of the registration process and bring it with you to your first day of class. The USA Fencing membership is for the fencer, and must be made in the child's name, not the parent's.
When you join USA Fencing, your club is Tidewater Fencing Club and your division is Virginia.